Confined Space Entry Level II
This course presents participants with information on how to safely retrieve workers and is aimed at training persons who work in confined spaces. Topics covered include the following:
Hazards of a Confined Space
Pre-entry Requirements, including:
- Confined Space Program
- Hazard Assessment & The Entry Plan
- Training Requirements & Record Keeping
Entering a Confined Space, including:
- The Entry Permit & Onsite Rescue
- Energy/Materials Isolation & Control
- Atmospheric Safety & Ventilation
Note: The participants will go through a simulated exercise.
The course includes a final exam and a certificate of completion.
Confined Space Entry and Monitor Training Course (OSSA) | MI Safety
Our program teaches workers about the definition of a confined space, case studies, confined space hazards, PPE such as SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus), SABA (supplied air breathing apparatus), gas detection pumps, (RAE and Draeger), paperwork such as confined space entry permits, and entry logs, locking out and tag out, blinding and blanking, inserting, use of tripods and SRL (Self Retracting Lifelines) or Type 3 RSRL.
The Alberta OH&S Code states “An employer must ensure that a worker assigned duties related to confined space entry is trained.” Most workers need an eight hour confined space training program.
They must also receive company specific training on procedures and equipment of their workplace.
- Definition of enclosed and confined spaces and confined space hazards
- Levels 1, 2 and 3 spaces
- hazard assessment
- PPE required for entry
- How to complete a confined space entry permit
- Proper Procedures for gas testing
- Electronic Monitors, Function testing and Calibration
- Safety monitor and safety watch
- Rescue Equipment, Rescue Training and Emergency Response Planning
- Testing of hazardous atmospheres, using gas detection monitors, Rae and Draeger tube type detector pumps
- Completion of documents needed for pre-entry.
- Mock entry, evacuation and rescue from a confined space
This OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor Training Course is 8 hours in duration and upon completion, students will be issued a certification.
This Confined Space course is the OSSA (MI Safety) course and has a 3-year certification period.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes